Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Haunted Cards












Not long ago, in response to a question on this blog, I mentioned that my work had never been colored by anyone but me.  Well - I had forgotten about these cards.


I did the line drawings for these, but they were colored by someone else.  I'm sorry to say I can't remember who, but whoever it was did a nice job, I think.  There were some real pros working at Kitchen Sink Press (publishers of the card set) back then (1994), so you were usually in pretty good hands.


The card set was called "R.I.P." and contained "42 Paranormal Trading Cards".  From the description on the back:  "Each card is a haunting document of a chilling event -- actual encounters with true ghosts, human monsters, fiends, weird mysteries -- you'll want to read these in a well-lit place!"  So basically, on the back of each card is a description of a specific Fortean event -- that is, some unexplained or extraordinary phenomenon like poltergeists, spontaneous combustion, mysterious disappearances and so on.


The cards were written by Eric Nesheim and illustrated by seven different artists.  I did the six cards shown here.  I've also included a look at some of the original uncolored line art.

2 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwww..

    They are pretty nice Richard...

    I hope someday I can buy them...

    As always keep up the good work..

    Saludos from Argentina...

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so neat! is there anywhere to buy them still or were they a one-off?

    ReplyDelete